Research shows that total giving to organizations drops substantially over the summer months. With Individuals being away on vacation - it affects all areas of giving from individuals, foundations and corporations. So what can you do both financially and non-financially to deal with the summer blues??
- Special Event – the summer is a great time to hold a special event—especially if it is outside. It is not too late to plan for one either.
- Plan – use the summer months to plan for your end of the year push. Seventy-five percent of giving annually is done between Sept – December.
- Donor Cultivation – get out of the office and meet with donors and build relationships. This is good anytime of the year but especially the summer – a time when individuals have more time on their hands. Scheduling may be difficult because of vacations.
- Create Proposals – since the “meat” of most grant proposals are very similar the summer is a good time to get this started and out of the way before the busy Sept – December months.
- Open House – Summer is also a good time to hold an “Open House” at your organization for donors and potential donors to come see your facility.
These are just a couple of thoughts/suggestions. I am sure you have some of your own. If you would like to share some with your colleagues go to Christiangrants.com and post them on our message board for others to see.
To get you started in your grant writing I encourage you to go to our website at www.Christiangrants.com and purchase your copy of the “Directory of Foundations Supporting Christian Organizations.” This directory has over 90 foundations that give to Christian organizations!!! You can check out a sample page on the website as well as read over the distinctiveness of this directory.
Fundraising teleconference scheduled for May 21
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (CSA) - A special 60-minute phone seminar designed to help Christian nonprofit organizations develop their general fund giving is scheduled for Friday, May 21 at 12pmEST (11amCST / 10MST / 9amPST). The live event, entitled "Accelerate Your Annual Fund", is co-sponsored by the Christian Stewardship Association and Money for Ministry. The featured speaker will be John Frank, veteran Christian fundraising speaker and consultant as well as the author of "The Ministry of Development." Registration details are available at www.moneyforministry.com or by calling toll-free 1 (877) 810-2183.
Timothy M. Boling
Note: DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT CHRISTIANGRANTS.COM, USE firstname.lastname@example.org
TO NO LONGER RECEIVE THIS MONTHLY NEWSLETTER, GO TO HTTP://WWW.CHRISTIANGRANTS.COM/DEL_FROM_NEWSLETTER_LIST.HTM
To read past Grant Alerts or to order your copy of the “Directory of Foundations Supporting Christian Organizations” go to www.Christiangrants.com.
Issue: May 2004
Christiangrants.com is committed to assisting Christian
organizations in finding funds for their work